Daddy and Maddie played in this cool tree.
Isn't this beautiful with the reeds and the blue, blue sky?
We had some deep conversations while she was here. I think Mike was trying to teach her an engineering principle in this one... something about ionized water. He is studying for his PE exam coming up! Sunday was pleasantly wet in the valley, so Mt. Charleston got a bunch of snow. We took a drive to show Anita that we do have a beautiful getaway not too far from us! It was snowy and misty, but the sun was shining through and it was gorgeous up there!
Anita has so many fun recipes for healthy food. Since it was St. Patrick's Day, we decided to try this Irish soda bread (in the background). For the main course, we tried a recipe for black bean cakes (with onion and red & green peppers) on a bed of spinach. The side dish is polenta. There was a bit of ethnic mixing, but it turned out really yummy!
The eency weency Maddie played with the water spout...
A sweet little moment reading a bed time story... Unfortunately (or fortunately for us) Grandma was going to leave today, but she made it to the freeway and experienced some car trouble, so she is still here until it gets resolved. Thanks for making the effort to come visit!
8 comments:
Sounds like a fun visit from Grandma. I would love those recipes! I tried Irish Soda Bread last year and didn't really like it. The cakes and polenta sound good though! Pass the recipes along!
Yay for Grandmas!
Sorry we couldn't stop and see you guys when we were in Vegas, but it was a really quick and full trip. Otherwise we definitely would have stopped by.
Ok, about the carseat. Ava hasn't actually grown out of her infant carseat yet, but we wanted her to face forward for our trip, hoping it would help her to not be so bored. I ended up buying her a Britax Marathon carseat though, and I think it boiled down to safety and the fact that she will be in it until she is 65 pounds. I'm a real sucker for safety and Britax is ranked really high. Also, we didn't get one that converts into a booster seat because we figured by the time we she'll be in a booster seat, she might have a sibling that needs to be in the toddler one, so we'll have to end up buying a booster anyway. The Britax is a bit more expensive, but I used double coupons when we bought it which knocked the price down about $50. Let me know if you have any other questions, I know what a hard decision it can be.
Hope you guys are doing well. Hey, your ladybug cake turned out looking great too! Wasn't it fun to make it for Maddie? I had a blast.
Looks like the little Monkey enjoyed the visit! She is so cute playing in the water! :) I'm jealous that Noelle and Zak are there to visit now as well :( Hope you all have fun with the sweet little nieces! :) Love you xo
-Em
Oh, can I get the recipe for the black bean patty? It looks really good.
How fun! Grandma's are the best. Avery and Ashlyn's Grandma shows up today ... must be the season? =) Looks like you all are having a great time. Lauren, I need you to come over sometime so you can give me some cooking lessons ... you're an inspiration!
Maddie's Grandma looks awesome getting down on the ground to play like that! Woo hoo Grandma! The playing looks great, the food looks yummy, and Maddie looks like she's having so much fun with that water! Isn't family great?!
Hi Miss Lauren! I have a question for you...when you did Noelle's wedding flowers (or any other wedding flowers)...how much did it cost you for flowers and all the supplies? Looks like there is going to be a wedding in my family this summer!
Wow, it sounds like you've had a fun time. It's quite a family time for you. I think that you should post those recipes, they sound really good. Maybe we'll be able to get together sometime. Have fun with your sister.
Post a Comment