It is hard to believe it has been a year since we welcomed her into the world!
Madison Marie made her big entrance at 3:27 a.m. on March 10, 2007. (For those who have subscribed to our blog from the start, these pictures may look familiar!)
Although her birthday is really today, Saturday was the big party! It was to be a Ladybug Picnic at a nearby park, where we were sure to enjoy the outdoors, roasted hotdogs, and good company! Alas... the beautiful 70 degree weather of the early afternoon turned into a windstorm that send party trays flying into the pond (thanks for the rescue Blake!), lodged dirt between the teeth, and made the idea of balloons and candles wishful thinking... but the party must go on!
This is the best shot I got of Maddie playing with all the kids... I think she had a good time.


Free reign on the ladybug! Maddie wasn't too interested in the cake itself, she just wanted to eat the oreo eyes and spots.
Daddy helped her get a little bit messy. Suprisingly, she started pushing it away before she was even dirty!


We got a sweet video of her smiling and looking bashful during the Happy Birthday song, but it's on our regular video camera and I don't know how to upload it!


16 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADDIE!!! I know the celebration was on Saturday, but we hope today is special as well. You're such a sweet little girl Maddie ... BIG hugs to you on your BIG day! Love, The Pryor Family
Happy Birthday, lil Ladybug! It is amazing that a year has gone by and you have reached your first year of life. Hope you have a wonderful day. You are a great blessing to your parents.
Happy Birthday Madison Marie! And congrats to you and Mike for making it through the first year! And what an awesome cake!!!
Happy Birthday Maddie! Lauren, your cake and invites are adorable (of course). If you haven't already done it, make a mold of her little hands! I'm wishing I did with mine.
Happy 1st Birthday Maddie! I think she gets cuter everyday! It's crazy how fast they grow up! Brooklyn will be 1 on Friday and McKenzie is almost 4. Its unbelievable! I love checking all your family's blogs and especially seeing pictures of the little girls.
Happy Birthday Miss Maddie. So sorry we missed the party. It looked fun! Love the ladybug cake. Did you make it Lauren? You wanna make McKenna's next month!?!? jk.
Happy Birthday Madds!! Love you big girl. Can't wait to see you again!
Happy Birthday Maddie! What a mean daddy to smother you in black frosting!
Happy birthday Maddie! They grow up so fast, it's only a year but it feels like they have been around forever. Awesome cake too!
Happy Birthday sweet Maddie! You are one lucky girl to have such a talented Mommy! What a cute cake, Lauren.I hope today will be a really fun day, and be sunny and nice so you can enjoy the whole day. I love you little lady Maddie bug.
Happy Birthday big Maddie!!!! YOu are one year old! I can't believe it was that long ago! I just love my little niece and couldn't imagine life without her now. She is the happiest little baby and she has the best parents. Look at that cake, Lauren! I love it!!! I hope she didn't miss me too much... sorry we couldn't be there, but we will be soon! Love you Maddie :)
That was a super fast year! Happy Birthday Maddie! (and a belated Happy Birthday to Mike...) That cake is amazing!
Happy Birthday, Maddie. What a cute cake! I'm impressed, Lauren! She looks happy.
Hope y'all enjoyed Maddie's 1st birthday! Fantastic cake decorating! WOW!
What a cute cake! I love those pics of her eating her first birthday cake. I think moments like those are priceless. :)
The party was a lot of fun! I am glad that we could come!
Post a Comment