
We were invited to the world's best Easter egg hunt! The
Ungurens go ALL OUT!!! They dye 100 eggs, blow the goo out, stuff some of them with money, and number them for prizes (and let me add they were amazing prizes, like toys, gift cards, movies, tools, bakeware, and more!). They hid them at the park by their house, and some of them were even dyed to match the rocks (accident or not, it was incredible camouflage). All we had to do was bring baskets to trade, and then fill them with loot! We left with $9, a movie, and enough candy and toys to last until next Easter...yeah right.

Maddie assisted in the hard to reach places.
"Dad, look what I found!"
Check out the centerpiece. Hannah cut all of these foam flowers out herself. She is so creative!
I loved the carrot utensils. Not to mention the delicious food... we'll definitely be making their party a tradition. :)
The Easter Bunny 'hid' Maddie's eggs and she seemed to really enjoy finding them and putting them in her basket.



I have always loved holidays, but I am enjoying them even more with little Maddie around to make them exciting. What are your Easter traditions?
14 comments:
Oh YEAH I was just waiting for the new post with happy pictures of Easter. I am sorry it was a little rough but it looks like the little monkey enjoyed it for the most part! I can't wait to be around more! Love you :)
-Em
That Easter egg hunt sounds awesome! Money?! Seriously? So, did you notice any people hanging out on the fringes of the party? Maybe those who'd heard about it but weren't invited? :) Any money missing? :) Just kidding. Maddie looks like she made out like a bandit this Easter.
We don't really have any Easter traditions. My kids are lucky if I can even remember that a holiday has arrived, let alone go all out to celebrate it. I'm a terrible mom! We did manage to have an Easter egg hunt and the boys dyed eggs in the bathtub (easy clean up). :)
Happy Easter!
That Easter party looks amazing! Definitely something I would hit up every year if we had something like that around :) I lost your email address...so figured I could contact you through here :) I need your address for baby shower invites. Thanks!
What fun! We're planning to incorporate the religious aspect into the Easter egg hunt (when we have kids! Coming soon--yay!) by putting some things in the eggs that symbolize different parts of the last week of the Savior's life and the resurrection, so when we open the eggs we can talk about what each represents. Like a nail for the crucifixion, a little piece of bread for the sacrament, one empty one (the empty tomb), etc.
Sweet party!! Crap it kinda makes me feel guilty...I need to do more. :) Her centerpiece was awesome. It was all awesome! Good worker! Glad you had a good Easter!
I love the eggs hiding on the banister! I agree, holidays with kids brings a hole new level of meaning and fun! Congrats on the new car. kendra
Wow! That is quite the Easter Egg hunt! Sounds like fun. I just got caught up on reading your posts from this last month. I just can't believe that it was a year ago that Maddie & Kaylee were born. It looks like Maddie enjoyed her party. We're having one in a little over a week. Wish we were closer to you guys. -Holly
Oh I wish I could have seen Maddie in that adorable outfit running around looking for eggs. What precious girl. I miss her already! I love Easter too. I wish I celebrated it more and bigger. How did they fund all the party favors? How awesome!
looks like way too much fun! can't wait to see you soon!
that was me, dana... oops
Hello Andrews and Family,
Your family is beautiful and you haven't changed a bit. I hope things are going well with everything.
Email me and let me know what else is going on.
Mike Livesay
I am glad that you guys enjoyed the party. I hope that you do come next year and not ditch us again. Just kidding. (However, you are probably rethinking any future traveling around Easter, right?)
Looks like you guys had an awesome Easter!!! What a fun party at the Unguren's. They really do go all out don't they? How fun!!! Yes, we had a packed house over the holiday's ... air mattresses everywhere, cousins sleeping in jumping castles ... it was crazy, but so much fun.
That last photo of Maddie reaching for her basket and looking like she's about to burst with excitement and awe made me laugh out loud! Sooo adorable. :)
Post a Comment