Friday, March 14, 2008

Apple Dip

Last week I ate the best apple dip and remembered I have a recipe similar to it. I also tried a new one for our ward book club and heard it was delicious, so I thought I would share them. They are good with other fruits too, or even by themselves! :)

Apple Brickle Dip

Beat together:
8 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Then add 3/4 package of English Toffee bits.

Honey Dip

1 cup honey
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 cup cream cheese, at room temp.

In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients together until well blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.

I'd like to add a cute picture of Maddie or something, but all I have is her two bandaids from her 1 year shots. She also came down with a flu bug last night so she's a little out of it. It's so sad to see her sick! She has been so snuggly and lethargic because of her fever and lack of energy. This is her first real bug so we're treading new ground. I got a glimpse of true mommy love when I changed the sheets 3 times while trying not to breathe... it's just been a rough week.

9 comments:

Adam Jensen said...

oh sad! sorry she is sick. I love how kids are cuddly when they don't feel good though :) Hope she is doing better soon!

DJ, Angie, Amelia and Bryson said...

I was in the same boat this last weekend. Amelia's first flu. Yuck. She had just about every symptom there is. It is so sad to see them so sick. That was a long 4 days...Hope Maddie gets over it soon, and I hope you have the mommy protection not to get it yourself!

Bethany said...

Kids getting sick is the WORST! Sorry about the rough week. Hopefully it passes very soon.

Liz said...

Aw! Poor little Maddie. I hope she gets better soon.

Those apple dips sound yummy! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Maddie is under the weather! It's always so hard to have little tiny ones sick "cuz they can't tell you what they need. I hope she is better soon. I wish I could come snuggle with her.

(me)linda said...

I make a dip that's exactly like your first one, minus the toffee bits. YUM! I'm going to have to add them next time.

Lori said...

Lauren ... i'm so sorry that Maddie's so sick, that's never fun. Please let us know if you want to borrow our steam vacuum to clean up any areas affected by the "storm". Ohhhh, it's so sad when they're so little and get sick like that. Give her a little hug for us, and tell her we hope she get's well soon.

Chris-n-Chelz said...

hey! i found your blog through kendra and rick! your little girl is so cute! our blog is chelzc.blogspot.com

-chelz

Jensen's said...

I NEED NEW PICS! :( Hope the little Monkey is feeling better! Love you :)
-Em